Man on Orlando plane punches deaf pregnant woman, service dog

Adjust Comment Print

Hazel Ramirez, who is 20 weeks pregnant, was flying to Orlando for her gender reveal party with her partner, Matthew Silvay.

Manley felt Ramirez's Great Dane was taking up too much space.

When the plane landed and the dog stood up, the report says, Manley said the Great Dane took up more space than it deserved "and punched it with a closed fist, causing it to yelp". The dog, named Zariel, shook her head and then went under a seat, prompting her owners to begin yelling at Manley, according to the report.

According to the Orlando Police Department, the confrontation started on a Frontier Airlines plane when Timothy and Petrini Manley complained about being allergic to Mathew Silvay and Hazel Ramirez's dog.

More news: Dead in Texas School Shooting Identified

Earlier, Timothy Manley's wife, Petrini, had complained of allergies, and the canine's stretch was allegedly the final straw for the 59-year-old. Timothy got in Matthew's face and at some point punched Hazel in the stomach.

Manley was later arrested after police crossed paths with him in the terminal, and Manley himself said, "It took you long enough to get here", the Sentinel reported.

"Unfortunately the man determined to leave so he ran and punched my belly then pushed my two daughters, they fell and cried so hard", Ramirez wrote in a message to News 6.

The 30-year-old man tackled Timothy Manley and held him down until police arrived.

More news: EU To Use 'Blocking Statute' Against US Sanctions On Iran

Frontier has since launched a press release relating to the incident, writing that the airline notified police "instantly".

The woman said she plans to prosecute and is willing to testify in court.

In wake of the incident, a Frontier spokesman said, "The safety and security of our passengers is our top priority at Frontier".

Video taken inside Orlando International Airport, where the flight from Colorado Springs, Colorado, landed, captured two men chasing each other around the terminal on Thursday.

More news: Salah's boots to become British museum exhibit

The case is being turned over to the Federal Bureau of Investigation to determine whether charges will be filed, the station reports.