Mario Batali Under Criminal Investigation for Sexual Misconduct Allegations

Adjust Comment Print

Seet told 60 Minutes' Anderson Cooper, "We were in the third floor of the restaurant, and there are cameras".

Jamie Seet: You know he crossed a line.

In that complaint, which has not been previously reported, a woman told the police on March 15 that Mr. Batali drugged and sexually assaulted her in January 2004 at his Greenwich Village restaurant Babbo.

CBS concealed her face with shaded lighting.

More news: Priyanka Chopra sports chic dress suit at royal wedding

The statement was in contrary to what he told the website Eater in December, when four women accused Batali of sexually harassing them. At the beginning of the segment, former employee Trish Nelson stated, "I think Mario Batali is a monster".

A flood of allegations leading to the downfall of Hollywood movie mogul Harvey Weinstein last October have spawned a public reckoning with sexual misconduct, rocking industries from politics to music to restaurants to finance.

"I woke up by myself, on the floor - I don't know where I am - of an empty room, wooden floor", she explained. He would try to grab me.

He declined to be interviewed by "60 Minutes" but said in a statement that "My past behavior has been deeply inappropriate and I am sincerely remorseful for my actions". "I couldn't. I couldn't do it", she said.

More news: Meghan and Harry's flowers sent to hospices and charities after Royal Wedding

The 57-year-old was sacked from "The Chew" in December due to sexual misconduct allegations made by former employees and one woman, who wants to remain anonymous, has now claimed Batali drugged and assaulted her in 2005. They tried, they tried. She claims he invited her to a party at The Spotted Pig, a restaurant he's invested in. She says she also went to speak with a detective at the New York Police Department's Special Victims Division. She alleges that Batali began rubbing her breasts with his bare hands while saying something like, "Let me help you with that", as he groped her chest.

Mario Batali's wife, Susi Cahn, refused to comment on the increasing allegations of sexual misconduct against her husband.

UPDATE with statement from B&B Hospitality Group: In the wake of yesterday's 60 Minutes report on Mario Batali's criminal investigation of sexual assault, B&B Hospitality Group (B&B HG) has officially cut ties with the disgraced chef.

"Mr. Batali, who has never been known for his patience, is asking that question-actively exploring when or whether he should begin his comeback", the story reads.

More news: Trump Administration to Reportedly Reinstate Domestic "Gag Rule" on Abortion

One woman who worked at Babbo in NY also recounted to "60 Minutes" an evening she spent with Batali, in which she blacked out and woke up in a unusual place and found semen on her skirt. But B&B Hospitality called them "chilling and deeply disturbing" and said it was negotiating Batali's divestment from the company, the terms of which it hoped to be set by July 1.

Comments