Thomas also revealed that Meghan wasn't upset that he made a deal with a paparazzi agency to take flattering photos of himself ahead of the royal wedding. Photos of Markle intently studying "Images of Great Britain: A Pictorial Tour Through History" in a Starbucks quickly went viral - but were later discovered to have been staged.
However, Harry's communications secretary told reporters last week he would have an important role and would give away his daughter on the couple's big day.
Prince Harry also issued a strongly-worded statement in 2016 because of the paparazzi's obsession with Markle and her family, as well as the United Kingdom media's headlines about her race. Meghan's step-sister Samantha Markle who has been grabbing headlines for her distasteful statements against the royal wedding admitted to arranging the photoshoot but defended her dad and said that there's a lot of scrutiny that it was money motivated, it was not.
Speculation that Mr Markle will not walk his daughter down the aisle began after a celebrity website claimed he would not attend, following the fallout from the pictures.More news: Korea economically if it gets rid of nuclear weapons
The announcement was met with an outpouring of support for both Ms Markle and her father on social media.
Her mother, Doria Ragland (61) a social worker and yoga teacher who lives in Los Angeles, is expected to accompany her daughter in the bridal vehicle.
The sad result, besides photos he admits look "stupid and hammy", is he will no longer be attending his own daughter's wedding out of fear of embarrassing her!
"There is no plan in place yet who will walk Meghan down the aisle", the source adds.
At the weekend, published CCTV images appeared to show him collaborating with a photographer, walking into the cafe with him and setting up the best angle. While 60 percent of respondents say they like Queen Elizabeth, her son Charles is far less popular.More news: Malaysia PM To Extend Tenure, Probe Najib's Regime
Samantha Markle, the actress's half-sister, told the Good Morning Britain TV programme she hoped he would still be there but it depended on his health.
Mr Markle reportedly added that since his daughter started dating Prince Harry he had been offered between $50,000 and $100,000 for interviews but he'd turned all of them down.
The couple are due to Wednesday this Saturday, 19 May.
But Thomas Markle was apparently embarrassed when the British press reported that he agreed to have photos of him getting measured for his wedding suit and making other preparations.More news: CMS teachers prepare for rally in Raleigh