Reuben Foster's Ex-Girlfriend: Domestic Violence Claim 'A Money Scheme'

Adjust Comment Print

"I didn't want to get this far in the news", Ennis said. "It was about money". When she was cross-examined by Foster's attorney, Ennis said she made a similar false accusation seven years ago and spent time in jail because of it.

In dramatic two-hour testimony on Thursday, Foster broke down in tears repeatedly as she said she had made her story up. In no uncertain terms, Ennis is saying there was no domestic violence. "I took all his jewelry and designer stuff", said Enis.

From there, Ennis said her and the driver of the other vehicle engaged in an altercation that Ennis estimated to last about 15 minutes.

During Ennis' testimony she finally came clean.

Elissa Ennis former girlfriend of San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster center walks out of Santa Clara County Superior Court with her attorney Stephanie Rickard rear after testifying
Reuben Foster's Ex-Girlfriend: Domestic Violence Claim 'A Money Scheme'

Later in April, though, Ennis first recanted her claims, including accusations that Foster punched her in the head eight to 10 times and dragged her by the hair while throwing her out of his Los Gatos, Calif., home.

"I was threatening Reuben". "I really am. I apologize to everybody, I really am sorry".

Foster locked her out of the house, Ennis said, before she went to one of the back doors and kicked it in.

She never spoke to 49ers.

More news: Turkey says USA ruling on Turkish banker illegitimate, not credible

Ennis also testified that she stole more than $8,000 in cash from Foster, two Rolex watches and designer clothing.

Clark does not believe that the district attorney's office will press charges against Ennis for lying, nor does he believe Foster will press charges against Ennis for the theft. Additionally, she admitted to stealing from him. "It was about money", Elissa Ennis said in a preliminary hearing in a San Jose courtroom as reported by Robert Salonga of the Bay Area News Group.

Court officials in Baton Rouge, Louisiana confirmed to the Bay Area News Group on Thursday that Ennis was arrested on suspicion of two counts of aggravated assault November 4, 2011, but the charges were dismissed two years later.

Foster was arrested after the Los Gatos-Monte Sereno Police Department responded to a 911 call from a Los Gatos, California, home on February 11. Among the injuries Ennis suffered was a ruptured eardrum that required a hospital visit later in the day. 49ers GM John Lynch said the team would be patient through the legal process, but if the charges against Foster were proven true, he would be promptly released. He has plead not guilty to the felony domestic charges.

More news: Mac Miller arrested for DUI after hit and run auto crash

Klippen will review the evidence and testimony and decide next week whether there is reason to move forward with a jury trial, which likely would begin in July.

For now, the prosecution's case hinges on Ennis' initial statement to authorities and hospital workers February 11 - not what she said on the stand Thursday while under oath.

More news: Yanny or Laurel? Trump says, 'I hear covfefe'