Saved Thai Soccer Team Can't Accept Invite to Attend World Cup Final

Adjust Comment Print

"The 12 Wild Boars and coach have emerged from the cave and they are safe", the Thai navy SEAL unit said on its official Facebook page. They were trapped in the Tham Luan Nang Non cave that became flooded by monsoon rains while they were exploring it after a soccer practice on June 23.

Officials said details of the rescue operation would be revealed on Wednesday.

"I was surrounded by hundreds of volunteers that have been helping out with the rescue and when that final word came that all the boys had been rescued, the place erupted", Reason added. People across the world held their breath as the second group of boys was escorted out on Monday, leaving just four others and their coach trapped inside. A former Thai Navy diver lost his life while on a re-supply mission inside the cave to support the rescue.

"This has been the largest, most complex cave rescue in history".

More news: Liam Payne, girlfriend Cheryl Cole split after two years together

The footballers still awaiting rescue are about another two kilometres further in, at a point very hard to access.

On Tuesday, the final members of the team were brought out to complete the rescue, and the news has been welcomed across football. But rescue officials were also anxious about dwindling oxygen levels in the cave.

"I could not be more excited; this story has meant so much to me as I followed it", Pure Flix managing partner Michael Scott said on Tuesday at the scene of the flooded cave. Medical officials told reporters Tuesday that they're healthy, fever-free, mentally fit and talking. Jesada said they were uncertain what type of infections the boys could face "because we have never experienced this kind of issue from a deep cave". They were discovered 10 days later by two British divers, but a rescue had seemed all but impossible due to the necessity of swimming through water-filled passages.

An additional four boys were brought out on Monday, and the last four boys and the coach were rescued on Tuesday. The boys and their coach have to spend time in isolation to protect against the spread of any possible infections they may have contracted while in the cave. After a long and risky rescue effort, the last members of the group were brought to safety today (July 10). Six of the 12 boys on the soccer team attend her school. They were also able to talk on the phone.

More news: Federation Internationale de Football Association recognises World Cup fever in Bangladesh

"Although his technology is good and sophisticated, it's not practical for this mission", the rescue chief said.

Monday's rescue effort took about nine hours, two fewer than the day before, in a sign of growing confidence and expertise.

He also shared video on Instagram, showing people wearing headlamps wading through water and guided by ropes.

More news: U.S. sends two warships through Taiwan Strait