"The wounded service members, who are in stable condition, are now being treated", a Resolute Support statement read adding that the incident is under investigation.
A USA service member was killed and two others wounded in what North Atlantic Treaty Organisation is calling "an apparent insider attack" in Afghanistan Saturday.
The two wounded service members are in a "stable" condition, North Atlantic Treaty Organisation said, adding it would not be releasing any further details until next-of-kin had been informed.More news: Daniel Cormier claims UFC heavyweight championship with KO of Stipe Miocic
U.S. Lieutenant Colonel Martin O'Donnell, a spokesman for the NATO-led mission, declined to disclose the location of the incident or other details when reached by RFE/RL.
The Taliban said in a statement that a member of the Afghan security forces opened fire on us troops in Uruzgan Province. The death is the third American military fatality in Afghanistan this year.
An insider attack would indicate one carried out by a member of the Afghan security forces.More news: Marcus Smart 'Hurt and Disgusted' That Celtics Haven't Contacted Him
The incident happened at an Afghan army base in Uruzgan Province in southern Afghanistan, according to a United States official.
The last insider attack occurred in August 2017.
Insider attacks by Afghan security forces on coalition troops working alongside them were common in Afghanistan several years ago, when the Pentagon had more than 100,000 USA troops in Afghanistan.More news: Atlanta Hawks: Final Thoughts from Utah Summer League