Fox News said Monday it has stopped airing the controversial political ad paid for by President Donald Trump's campaign, which likens members of the Central American migrant caravan to a man convicted of killing police officers in the U.S.
The 30-second spot links an undocumented immigrant who killed sheriff's deputies to the people in the migrant caravan.
Monday morning, NBC backpedaled, saying in a statement that "after further review we recognize the insensitive nature of the ad and have made a decision to cease airing it across our properties as soon as possible".More news: Girl Scouts CEO says hearts 'broken' over crash
The 30-second ad focuses on the controversial so-called migrant caravan of asylum-seekers making their way to the USA border.
CNN went so far as to declare "this ad is racist", adding they "declined" to run it when the Trump campaign "presented [them] with an opportunity to be paid to take a version of this ad".
NBC later said it would pull the advertisement as soon as possible due to its "insensitive nature".More news: Rihanna Slams Donald Trump For Playing Her Music
Trump's campaign manager, Brad Parscale, tweeted that NBC News, CNN and Facebook had chosen "to stand with those illegall in this country". Who made that decision?
The ad is Trump's latest effort to rouse fear about the migrant caravan in the days ahead of the midterm elections.
The advertisement aired on NBC's "Sunday Night Football" and MSNBC's "Morning Joe", and drew a heated online response. He said the media was trying to control what you see and think.
"So @nbc and @Comcast aired that racist Trump caravan commercial during the football game".More news: Everton v Brighton: Toffees have the attack to break defensive resistance
Facebook also announced Monday that the ad violated its advertising policy. "While the video is allowed to be posted on Facebook, it can not receive paid distribution". Facebook's rules bar ads from containing "shocking, sensational, disrespectful or excessively violent content".