Mac Miller Died of Fentanyl, Cocaine Overdose

Adjust Comment Print

USA rapper Mac Miller died as a result of an accidental overdose involving cocaine, fentanyl and alcohol, a coroner has concluded.

Furthermore, the coroner's office has categorized Miller's death as an accidental overdose. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

According to the report, Mac's assistant found him unresponsive on his bed in a "praying position" - kneeling forward with his face resting on his knees. He was already "blue" when someone called 911.

More news: England: Owen Farrell cleared to tackle All Blacks

Last week, a number of musicians performed a tribute concert for Miller in Los Angeles.

The autopsy also revealed pulmonary edema (fluid buildup in lungs), and froth of the upper airways, as well as an abrasion on the nose with blood of the right nostril. The pills found in the home include Xanax, Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, and Adderall.

Police also discovered a $20 bill with white powdery residue on it inside Miller's pocket, TMZ reported.

More news: Mauricio Pochettino wants to take Tottenham Hotspur to ‘last level’

The rapper, whose real name was Malcolm James Myers McCormick, was generally healthy otherwise, the report stated.

Miller's death came just months after he split from Ariana Grande and weeks after he was charged with a DUI.

The shipment of fentanyl from China to the U.S.is "almost a form of warfare", Trump said in August.

More news: "Iran will bypass illegal" U.S. sanctions - Rouhani

An estimated 200 people die of overdoses every day, according to the US Drug Enforcement Administration. Fentanyl is a powerful opioid pain medication and is much stronger than heroin.

Comments