One can understand that the Indian government needed to send a strong message to Pakistan and denying visa to the shooting contingent is just a part of the various measures it has taken.
That particular event had two Olympic quotas on offer, which have been scrapped by the IOC following a written request by the National Rifle Association of Pakistan (NRAP) on Wednesday.
"In addition to not being able to host events in India, there may be problems for our athletes to take part in global events", Indian Olympic Association secretary general Rajeev Mehta told the Press Trust of India news agency.
"The IOC restricted the withdrawal of recognition as an Olympic qualification event to the 25m rapid fire pistol competition in which the two Pakistani athletes were supposed to participate", it said.More news: 'Empire' Cast Members Calling For Jussie Smollett Firing After Arrest
There is a demand for India to boycott its June 16 World Cup clash against the neighbours and the matter is likely to come up on the sidelines of the ICC meetings between February 27 to March 2 in Dubai.
"The ISSF was asked to make a proposal on how the two available Olympic quota places will now be otherwise reassigned", the statement concluded.
The IOC also suspended "all discussions with the Indian national Olympic committee and government regarding the potential applications for hosting future sports and Olympic-related events in India".
The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) meant to hold the Youth Olympics in 2026, the Asian Games in 2030 and the Summer Olympics for the first time in 2032.
Today's decision comes as a major blow to the Indian Olympic Association (IOA), which submitted a formal expression of interest to bid for the 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games in December with the view to approaching the Government for support.
India also received a warning from the International Olympic Committee past year when it refused a visa to a boxer from Kosovo, which New Delhi does not recognise as a state, to take part in the women's world championships in the Indian capital.More news: Team LeBron Completes All-Star Comeback
IOA secretary general Rajeev Mehta talking to Reuters stated that it was a big setback for the country.
Sadiku had been due to compete in the women's 60 kilograms lightweight division at the Women's World Championships in New Delhi.
At the event's opening ceremony, ISSF president Vladimir Lisin announced that all quotas may be withdrawn from this World Cup before IOC's verdict that only the 25-metre rapid-fire pistol will be affected was made public in the wee hours of Friday. "But it's a World Cup, it's two points...", Gavaskar said.
"We've been in constant touch with the government, trying to explain to them and convince them to grant visas to the Pakistani shooters". Even though most of the Indian shooters put up a courageous front at the Karni Singh shooting range while all the confusion was playing out on Thursday, their anxiety over how things would pan out was clearly visible.
This is as a result of the live broadcasting arranged by ISSF and Organising Committee.More news: I.'s Sister Precious Harris Passes Away